Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Exposure

Characters in the up coming ebook Gravity are more than imaginary people in my story. I realized while writing the Sanctuary series, I've dumped my entire psyche into them; revealing more than I'm used to unveiling in reality.
Without spoiling too much, I've learned that Alex is my ego, Dash is my curiosity, Gabriel is my disturbance, Grey is my fear and Violet is my body. Red is very complex. He's the first and oldest of all my characters. He's been with me since I could day dream. I imagined him as a dark shadow following me as a child and as I grew up I gave him a face. He was always the main character's love interests in my fantasies.  One day I decided to write them down just like Red does with his journals. The first scene I wrote was the one in Pull where Violet meets Red in her dreams. I was Violet when I fantazied that scene (many times) but I often wondered what part of me was I meeting. Red is very complex because I can't identify what he stands for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment